Thursday, December 9, 2010

SOY LIBRE! I'M FREE!


"Soy libre, I'm free!" Marcelino kept shouting to us when we stopped at his house. "I no longer want to smoke or drink or go back to my old life. I'm free and I'm so happy!"


Marcelino accepted Jesus Christ as his Savior over a year ago and had changed a lot, but 2 months ago he had an even more drastic and life changing experience. He had an encounter with Jesus, received the Holy Spirit and made a complete commitment to Him. Now he can't stop talking about his "big father" in heaven. He tells his neighbors about his experience, he and his wife pray for people, together they lay hands on the sick and they are healed and now he wants to find more people who need to know what God can do in their lives. Marcelino is a miracle!


A slightly built but tough little man, Marcelino lives next to our church in Nuevo Progreso. For years he has watched over the project, saying that he always waits for us there. Many times he slept on the roof of the building so he could keep watch over materials delivered to the site. But when Lloyd would talk to him about Christ, he would always say he would serve Him some day.


Now Marcelino is so happy that he can barely stand still. "I waited for you so I could tell you what has happened to me," he said. "I feel so much power and boldness to tell people and I'm so happy! It's in my heart! Everyone needs to know about it!" He said he remembered us telling him so many times that nothing is impossible with God.


When I took this picture of Marcelino before we left, he was saying over and over, "Dios es grande! Con Dios si se puede!" God is big, with God we can do it!

No comments: